Can I just be completely open and honest today?
I have been frustrated with someone. I don't know this soul very well, but I have been wanting to have a talk with him. He is frustrating. If I told you how he was frustrating me . . . the many irritants that grate my soul, I am sure you would be in agreement with me. You would tell me that I have good reason to carry frustration around him. Well, I have been thinking of carrying my frustration to him and dumping some on him. Yep, I really have.
I would like to explain what it means to show respect and honor. I would like to tell him that he is young and if he wants his world to be different there is opportunity. I want to shake him and tell him that he looks foolish carrying on as he is. There is more . . . isn't there always more???
I was praying about it this morning. I was having a real heart to heart with the Lord and all the sudden my thoughts and frustrations about this young man came to mind. It might have been the dart of the devil to provoke me out of a prayerful spirit, I was deep in that mode of praying. I had a choice right then, I decided to pray about it.
"Lord, I want to go to him and tell him a thing or two. He is frustrating me to no end!"
I think I heard the Lord . . . not loud in my ears . . . but loud enough in my heart to know that I really heard Him.
He said, "Can you speak to Him in a loving way? Are you loving him enough to help him? Can you go expecting me to give words to your voice? Or would you rather give him those defeating thoughts you have been storing up for a while?"
I must tell you the Lord revealed what I lack, so I have some filling up to do. What I need to fill myself with will crowd out those "defeating thoughts" and when I do go, if called to share my peace, then it will do much good.
Being transformed in the presence of God.
The following verse literally made me weep (after I had said it out loud about 50 times) . . .
"Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church." Colossians 1:24
Do you have someone in your life that is frustrating you? The Lord can help us love better. Let's lean on Him together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Delighted that you stopped by! Your comments are a blessing!