Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Release

I have been holding onto it for the longest time

I have good intentions

I intend to fix it

My fingerprints are all over it

I have mauled it, wrestled it, and wrangled it ...

My tears are all over it

I thought they would soften it

Not so ...

I fear releasing it

thinking I can control it

if it is in my care

Not so ...

It has gotten heavier with time

It is weighing me down

slowing my run to a walk

I am short of breath

I am losing ground

Ground I believed was mine

Not so ...

There has been One pleading with

me all along

He wants this burden

He wants my care

He pleads

I resist

He pleads again

I resist

We have been playing tug-of-war

for a very long time ...

Will He care as much as I do ...

Will He will handle it with love

like I will ...

I don't want to surrender and trust Him with it

Not so ...

I do want to surrender it to Him

Just not enough to let go ...

He waits so patiently for me to release my

burden into His open arms ...

His eyes plead, He looks sincere

He really cares

I finally realize that is so!

I lay my cares into His arms

He examines, He cries, His understanding

softens my heart ...

My burden is safe with Him,

close to His heart ...

He will attend to it

better than I ...

I choose to trust Him

and that's so ....


"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

3 comments:

  1. I can certainly relate to some of this.
    Casting all my cares on Him because He cares for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often for each of us does this struggle go on knowing that the only real release and relief is through Him, and still we being humans, struggle with the relinquishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Such beauty in such truth. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Delighted that you stopped by! Your comments are a blessing!